cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing remote

Crake101
Joining in

My parent have an old TiVo box…with what looks like the newer remote as the old one broke. (it works, that’s not the problem) 

can’t figure out for the life of me how to pair the remote so they can adjust the volume/mute/power via the virgin remote however. 

the online guides tell me to press buttons on the box that don’t exist…

and to navigate menus that aren’t the same as what’s on the tv 

3 REPLIES 3

CarDex2020
On our wavelength

Sounds like the box is not on the 360 software. It might be worth asking the account holder to communicate with the virgin tech teams as you may not have the right remote for the box's software and either need to have the box updated or an old version remote supplied

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check which box your parents have... use this page if you're not sure.

A V6 has a slightly smaller remote than the TiVo but looks the same.

I suspect that your parents might be trying to use a V6 remote with a TiVo, which "should" be ok over IR but not Bluetooth/RF

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crake101

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm glad to see the Community have been advising you on this, if you could please advise which box your parents have via the link japitts provided so we can best advise from here. 

Thank, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide