Menu
Gibbo0903
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Out of sync speech.

Hi,

My TiVo box keeps going out of sync when people are talking. I turn it off and on again but it keeps happeneing. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of sync speech.

Hi Gibbo0903,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®.

Are you using any 3rd party sound equipment such as a surround sound system?

Does the issue affect all channels or just some?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gibbo0903
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

I don't have any extra audio equipment just my tv. After half hour or so on any channel it starts to go wrong, I did just turn box on and off but that it not doing much now either
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gibbo0903,

Thanks for the details!

If it's definitely not 3rd party equipment causing the issue then we'll need to arrange for a technician to check this out. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
elwill17
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have spent an hour on phone with Virgin Tech and haven't managed to resolve speech sync issue with my new V6 box and my Sharp HD TV.  Sync was fine on old TIVO box when connected with SCART but this doesn't seem to be an option with new box.  If I try and reconnect old box Virgin tells me there's an issue on an annoying splash screen.  Also new remote wont allow volume control or mute.  Tech gave me some codes to try and resolve this issue but these don't seem to work either.  HELP!!!  This is really frustrating.  If i can't get sync to work I'll have to drop Virgin subscription.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi elwill17,

Thank you for posting in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with the sound sync on your new V6 box.

The V6 box does not have a scart enabled connection on it, only the HDMI connection.

As for the V6 box, are you using any surround sound equipment or is the V6 box connected directly to the TV? Does rebooting the V6 clear the syncing issues, even temporarily?

Is the sync issues with all channels on live TV? Have you tried another HDMI cable?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi elwill17,

I'm sorry I forgot to add the link with all the codes for the volume set up. Please click on the link (here) and select the box you have and then select Control your TV with you Virgin remote.

This will give you the instructions and all the codes to TV, I hope this helps.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos