Menu
BigLad71
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Onscreen 'keyboard' on YouTube search screen has stopped appearing for me in the last few days

It was fine up until last Friday evening, when it wasn't there and hasn't been since ... and I have no idea why. 

Any help will be gratefully received! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Onscreen 'keyboard' on YouTube search screen has stopped appearing for me in the last few days

Hi BigLad71, 

Sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried doing a rest or reboot of the box?

Can you confirm what box you're using?

Let us know we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
BigLad71
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Onscreen 'keyboard' on YouTube search screen has stopped appearing for me in the last few days

Hi, thanks for replying but it seems to be OK again! 

0 Kudos
maclinks
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Happening to me to, when you go to the search you can see old search’s but there is no option to search for anything new, no box no keyboard ...using a V6 box . Have restarted the machine 3 times tried all day...annoying ...Can you help 

backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here.  Since yesterday.  Restarted the box several times but it hasn't helped.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi maclinks,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Do you have a picture you can provide showing that no box appears when you select the search box?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @maclinks @backtothefuture 

Apologies for the problems with YouTube search. We know about the problem and we're currently working to get it back up and running properly. We'll let you know when we know more.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Kev_B

I notice that the service status isn't showing this as a fault - just says 'No known issues'.

Is this supposed to have been fixed, as I'm still having the problem.

Thanks

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @backtothefuture 

Service Status is generally used to communicate wider-spread faults. Sadly we're only seeing this issue affecting a small number of customers, it doesn't even appear to be consistent to the version number.

Whilst we're still investigating the issue, have there been any changes since you last posted? I'd like to feed it back to the team investigating if this is still causing issues.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The keyboard has now made an appearance again on mine - Hope this has been fixed permanently.

-

0 Kudos