cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One TV Pixelating

Wof561
Joining in

Hi, we have two Tivo boxes in our house, one is the Wife's and one is mine. The Wife's one about a month ago started pixelating, sometimes it's that bad she cannot watch it, mine has never done it. She has tried switching off numerous times still the same. I have tried the following.

• Different HDMI cable.
  • Different TV.
  • Different Splitter.
  • Different F cable from splitter to her TV.
  • Different power supply.

As said it only does it in her room never in mine, both TVs are Samsung both boxes are Tivo.

Any ideas?

Regards Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please try swapping the 2 boxes around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the cabling.

Once you know the outcome of that test, then you know whether VM need to replace the box or fault-find your internal cabling. You can then report it via one of the two following routes..

1: Calling in via 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

2: Waiting on here (might be a few days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please try swapping the 2 boxes around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the cabling.

Once you know the outcome of that test, then you know whether VM need to replace the box or fault-find your internal cabling. You can then report it via one of the two following routes..

1: Calling in via 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

2: Waiting on here (might be a few days) for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Japitts,

I swopped the boxes around when my one was in the Wife's room no pixelating. But what did happen was before i disconnected the box it was recording a programme, when in the Wife's room it carried on, then when back in my room it carried on. Looking at the playback the first section of the recording was good, when in the Wife's room the playback was pixelated but the third section recorded in my room was fine. Totally lost now.

Regards

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wof561

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your Tivo and thank you to @japitts for their advise so far! 

I think this may require a little more investigation on our side so I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for connecting with me via the PM @Wof561 and I'm so glad we were able to arrange for the replacement of this box.

Please do let us know how things are looking after the delivery and install of the new Tivo?

Thank you.

Will do.