Menu
murron19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

On demand

I'm on the tv player package on the normal tivo. My catch up service is working fine. However, when ever  I try to watch anything on "on demand", It just tells me "upgrade to watch". Is this right? Surely customers on this package can still see something using this service. Also, my shows, deleted recordings are being permanently deleted each day. I know I've not permenantly deleted them & I live alone so its not possible that someone else has either.  These things have been happening for quite a while. Any help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand

Yes that's correct, on demand is only available to higher packages.

As for the recordings, is your box full or do you have the number of shows to be saved set too low? i.e. the series link is set to only record 10 episodes, but another episode is set to record, so the box will delete the oldest episode to make room for the new recording.

0 Kudos
murron19
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying. It was not explained to me when i downgraded, that on demand would require an upgrade to watch but it's fine. My box is at 68%. I mean the deleted items folder. Anything I delete today will be permenantly deleted tomorrow but it's not being permanently deleted by my household? I thought items in this folder could only be permenantly deleted if I did it myself? I only noticed this when I deleted something I didn't want to. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your box is not full but, at 68% used, the TiVo software feels the need to manage its storage for future recordings by deleting the oldest deleted recordings.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos