Menu
MrsBrightside
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

On Demand

Does anyone else who regularly used on demand to watch tv series constantly get an error message 408 unavailable. I get this at least 3 times a week. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand

Hi MrsBrightside, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us. 

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with our on Demand service. Hopefully you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please pop back on here. 

Cheers, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@MrsBrightside wrote:

Does anyone else who regularly used on demand to watch tv series constantly get an error message 408 unavailable. I get this at least 3 times a week. 

I've been having this exact error off and on for about a week now, mainly because I've recently discovered Madam Secretary 4 series too late!! I'm going to guess you've got this on HD Box Sets and/or Sky Cinema HD-OD. Upto now, I've called faults-CS each time, and something has been done remotely that gets it working again within a few hours.

As an aside, I'm currently progressing a "this shouldn't be repeat happening" situation and the jury is currently out whether it's box or network-related. I'm guessing you've got a TiVo rather than V6, and CatchUp OnDemand (which uses the legacy VOD platform) is fine...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts, thanks for getting in touch. 

How has the service been since your last post to us?  Are you still experiencing the issue?

Let us know and we will be happy to assist. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've been having this issue too. So many times i try to load it and it says it's unavailable. I was just watching something and the error suddenly came up, I've not had it while i was actually watching something before. I'm getting really suck of this, Virgin cable is not cheap!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi MrsE34, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I am sorry you've been having problems with on Demand. Hopefully you've managed to get this resolved since your post, if not please let us know and we will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
Timbo78
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is a constant problem for me too, it has currently been unavailable for almost a day. Really annoying when you're half way through something and can't see the second part because of a frequent random 408 error.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timbo78, 

Very sorry to hear this. 

What have the team advised regarding this issue when you've been in touch? 

Is it just with TV series or all On Demand content? 

Which TV box are you using? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
matt178
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I get the same problem with frustrating frequency. I pay extra for sky movies and every time I try to watch a movie on demand I get that error message. I’ve phoned, tweeted and emailed my complaints but no resolution months later. Have you got it sorted?

0 Kudos