Menu
Sam09p
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

On Demand

Hi guys and girls,

Is anyone else having problems constantly with on-demand?

It's primarily when the programme is abc studios based and it just gives temporarily unavailable with a 408 message.

This has been going on for weeks and everytime I ring or speak to them online, it gets fixed for a few days and then reverts again.

Totally fed up, what's the point in on-demand if you constantly cannot watch anything and then have to get it fixed everytime you want to watch anything!

Just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

Thanks in advance 😬😬

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand

Hello Sam09p,

Sorry to hear that,  is this still happening?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same. It's so annoying!!! Just went on this morning to watch Grey's Anatomy and got that message, yet again. Such a rubbish service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you get a specific error MrsE34?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
MrsBrightside
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve just posted about the same thing. It happens every single week. Usually on my day off when I want to binge watch something. I’ve just logged another fault and was told the service is free so there’s nothing they can do. I pay £102 a month so nothing is really free. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post, Can you please check the service checker here virg.in/service 

Thanks Joe_F

MrsBrightside
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still got this problem. Every day now. Why offer a service you can’t commit to. There’s obviously a long standing problem as this has been going on for over a year 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello MrsBrightside,

Was there anything listed on the service status checker, also do you get an error message with a error number?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: On Demand Error 408

@Sam09p wrote:

Hi guys and girls,

Is anyone else having problems constantly with on-demand?

It's primarily when the programme is abc studios based and it just gives temporarily unavailable with a 408 message.

This has been going on for weeks and everytime I ring or speak to them online, it gets fixed for a few days and then reverts again.

I started having issues with Error 408 about a week or so back, on any VOD played out on the new IP-VOD system. So that excludes all of CatchUp (except perhaps Sky channels), Sky Cinema SD, and obviously any app-based stuff. HD Box Sets (ABC Studios is in there) & Sky Cinema HD all included. I had a lengthy engineer visit on Monday after a few too many rounds of reporting it, and I won't tempt fate or jinx things beyond that.

I'm assuming that everyone else with the same problem has a TiVo and not a V6.

Edit: Another thread on the same subject.. https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/On-Demand/m-p/3915584/highlight/false

0 Kudos