cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand Buffering

Shugg
Superfast

For the last few weeks Catch Up channels like Discovery & All4 keep buffering at all times of day making them unwatchable. Rebooted. Did a test on website, surprise, says nothing wrong. This isn't the service I'm paying for. 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, you've posted in the TiVo board but that box doesn't have the All-4 app, so I'm guessing you actually have a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

I will assume a V6 in this advice..

OnDemand uses the internet, and a V6 goes online via your homehub. So you have a wired/wireless connection to your homehub which then provides internet connectivity. How is your box connected to your homehub - is it wired using Ethernet? or wireless?

If it's wireless, what's the signal strength? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check in the top-right.

Further advice can follow once you've confirmed these few questions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No, it's a Tivo, I just used All4 as a catch all term. Sorry about that. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case the TiVo has an in-built modem for an Internet connection.

On the front-left of your TiVo are 3 green LEDs. The middle, next to a heartbeat symbol, is the status for the on-board net connection.

Does this ever flash when you have problems? You've a faulty box if so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply. There are only ever 2 green LEDs and none of them flash when this happens. I'm monitoring it to see if there's any pattern to the streaming failures.

Hi Shugg,

Thanks for reaching back out to us, how have things been, have you been able to monitor the lights on the box?

Regards

Paul.

It has settled down now, playing OK. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad to hear things are looking up Shugg, please do let us know if we are able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M