cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old style tivo box

sherlock
Tuning in

Hi 

I know somebody else posted the same question but was it sorted.

Network cable unplugged 

Problem started after we had a fault in the area on Monday it is also affecting my hub 3 cannot get Internet service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sherlock wrote:

It has never had a network cable since I got it many years ago it is the one with a partially rounded front I believe the v6 is square.

This sounds like a TiVo - but you can check the models on this page 

Where are you seeing this "Network Cable" error? Are you having any problems with your OnDemand service or suchlike? Let's check the basics here...

Edited to add that the suggestion of logging into the router to restart a TiVo/V6 isn't correct, and is also irrelevant for a TiVo which only uses the router for multiroom streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

It sounds like it's actually a V6 box that you've got as the TiVo boxes don't require a separate internet connection as they have got built in modems

It has never had a network cable since I got it many years ago it is the one with a partially rounded front I believe the v6 is square.

For reference it is a cisco ct8620

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Have you tried logging into the hub? There's a option, can't remember in which menu that'll reboot the router

Tried a reboot last evening  but the hub should not effect the tivo.  Just had a message from virgin that they are investigating a network problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sherlock wrote:

Where are you seeing this "Network Cable" error? Are you having any problems with your OnDemand service or suchlike? Let's check the basics here...

Edited to add that the suggestion of logging into the router to restart a TiVo/V6 isn't correct, and is also irrelevant for a TiVo which only uses the router for multiroom streaming.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

@sherlock wrote:

Why would the OP be getting a Network Cable Unplugged error if the box is a TiVO? If the cable was unplugged with a TiVO then they wouldn't even get any TV channels

Sorry for delay in replying it is definitely a tivo box the third one on the page in the link. If you expand the picture on the left side where the power button is you can see 2 symbols a downward facing triangle and what looks like a wireless mast these have green lights underneath them the wireless mast one is flashing.

As to where I see network cable unplugged whe I start the box it goes to the homepage and at the top there is an explanation mark says network availability (c130) press ok to go to network settings.

In network setting it says cable modem connection details no connection.   Try to connect and the network cable unplugged message comes up.

Back on the homepage if you go to TV guide  all channels I get a message preparing channel information and a progress bar that starts at 25% and stays there.

On a slightly different but related topic I received a text message from virgin saying that my service visit has been put on hold while they investigate a network issue affecting my services. This was yesterday not heard anything since and I did not ask for a service visit perhaps they can see a problem at their end but now 4 days without tv or broadband getting ridiculous.