cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old box won’t disappear from network

Tom41
Up to speed

I recently swapped a defective TiVo box for a new one. Although the old box is no longer powered up or connected to my network, the other TiVo box still shows it at the bottom of My Shows with an ! Symbol. When I press ok it says the box is no longer in my account, but there’s no way to delete it or a ‘no longer have box’ option like there used to be. I can see the replacement box in My Shows and can play shows off it without difficulty. Anyone know how I can remove this phantom box entry from the other box?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried restarting the TiVo in question?

Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Tom41,

Welcome back to the community page, than you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have issues with your network.

I can see that you have had help from @japitts (Thank you for that!)

Can you let us know if this has helped?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have tried restarting the box more than once and the old box is still showing up at the bottom of My Shows. I suspect it will require some kind of intervention at Virgin's end to get rid of it. I really would prefer NOT to have to delete everything on this box just to get rid of the entry!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Coming at this from another angle, does the replacement box show in your my-shows folder?

I just wonder if ignoring the rogue entry might be another option? If you select it, and get the "not found" error, does it then clear? That's been known to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a bit of guesswork here but would clearing the V6 cache remove the ghost box, or is that just for apps such as you tube?

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I tried disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the box and restarting it. Now both the old and the new boxes show up with an ! symbol, but give different errors. If I press OK on the replacement box, I get a C423 error and an option to remove the box. The phantom old box gives a V106 error and no option to remove it.

When the ethernet cable is connected, I can play shows from the replacement TiVo box just fine. Should I try powering up the old box and connecting it to my network to try and remove the phantom entry? I doubt the box would start up now that it's been deactivated though.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're right to suspect - if the old box has been deactivated, the chance of it booting up are slim.

No harm trying, though.