Menu
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Old 4:3 programmes zoomed in on certain channels on the TiVo box - are we ever going to get a solution?

Hi,

I know there is already a similar thread about this issue, re: problems with Challenge channel zoomed in on the TiVo box. It is also happening on other channels such as Drama Channel and Drama+1 (but oddly it doesn't happen on Challenge+1). I think there are a few other channels it happens on too. I think it only happens when connected via HDMI. Is a solution to the problem being sorted / rolled out? Otherwise, I think the only solution would be to replace all TiVo boxes with a V6 box, but I can't imagine you would want to do that if you you don't have to.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old 4:3 programmes zoomed in on certain channels on the TiVo box - are we ever going to get a solutio

Some of these issues are the result of conversion of channels to MPEG4 encoding, & more than likely this is a local Headend issue, as it can affect V6 as well as TiVO boxes.

Occasionally these issues affect the entire network, but increasingly I've seen this happening more locally.

I have also seen the issue appear on Sky & Freesat boxes, so it is not Virgin customer equipment at fault.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old 4:3 programmes zoomed in on certain channels on the TiVo box - are we ever going to get a solutio

It was suggested in the other thread that it is perhaps a software update on the TiVo box from Late September that is causing the problem. This problem doesn't happen with my V6 box. I know other people are having the same problem which has only arisen in the last month or so. I've not heard of it happening on any other platforms, only on Virgin.

0 Kudos
dduk100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I take it there's no solution to the problem? Are we expected to just 'put up' with it?

0 Kudos