cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting my Topbox collected as promised

Homephone11
Tuning in

Christmas and my Samsung topbox went all crazy green and pink fractals.  Was sent a CISCO topbox but no installation instructions - so didn't change.  Samsung has calmed down to a few glitches a day.  Got email from Virgin media equipment saying I should return the unused CISCO, but the links in the email don't work - download label.  Phoned customer services to arrange collection, but this hasn't happened. I have phoned since 10 times, seriously and each time was assured it would be collected.  I was told by a customer service agent that I was paying the £9 a month extra in the new contract because of this CISCO Topbox - which they know isn't connected, but I'm not able to get collected.

So I'm on a glitchy Samsung with no collection of CISCO and paying £9 per month over the odds.

Please can this be fixed?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case I don't imagine you're paying any extra per month for a fault replacement box. Apart from a (presumably) CS-agent telling you so, what makes you think you're paying for this additional TV box? Is there a charge on your monthly bill?

If VM haven't collected the redundant box, I'd suggest using your local recycling facility.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Homephone11 wrote:

I was told by a customer service agent that I was paying the £9 a month extra in the new contract

How many TV boxes do you have? One, two or more?

What you're talking about sounds potentially like a multiroom subscription.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I only have one TV with one TopBox - the Samsung in the home and I've had it for years.
The CISCO was sent to replace the Samsung.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case I don't imagine you're paying any extra per month for a fault replacement box. Apart from a (presumably) CS-agent telling you so, what makes you think you're paying for this additional TV box? Is there a charge on your monthly bill?

If VM haven't collected the redundant box, I'd suggest using your local recycling facility.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment 

I was getting to the end of contract, and asked about why it was going to go up by £9 per month in the new contract - all things being the same.  The agent said she couldn't re-negotiate until I returned the replacement CISCO top-box.  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Homephone11 wrote:

I was getting to the end of contract, and asked about why it was going to go up by £9 per month in the new contract

So you were finishing your minimum term and entering a rolling contract, and with that you had a £9/month time-limited discount that was expiring.

I don't see why non-return of equipment should prevent a re-contract being completed, unless your account was overdue and your services were suspended.

Something about this smells of a CS-porkie to me.

My account is always up-to-date: direct debit and no account suspension.

The agent really did say that it needed to be returned before she could do any new negotiating.
Thank you for helping me understand that the £9 per month was a time-limited discount that was expiring.
In my head I thought I was paying this for the TopBox they hadn't collected.