cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No subtitles on channels 4, 5, and many of their affiliates

galpat
On our wavelength

Why are there no subtitles on channels 4 and 5 and some affiliates? Info says the shows have subtitles and they are on, but they are not.  This seems to have begun on Saturday when the channels were off air for awhile.  I see you are aware of this on channel 4, but are you aware of it on some of the 5 channels?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@galpat 

Channel 5 is also affected and running a back up service as per 

https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/bake-off-day-brings-further-trouble-for-channel-4 

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for that answer - we were wondering what that black and white symbol was - and we have had no subtitles for since the weekend - very annoying when all the settings say they are on

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Sorry to hear of the lack of subtitles on some of your favourite shows on Channels 4 and 5 @galpat

Sadly we can only offer what the broadcaster gives us in terms of subtitles.

Can you perhaps tell me which shows you've attempted to gain the access to subtitles, where subtitles have been advertised via our TV guide?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

None of the programs on C4 have subtitles, don't watch 5 so not sure but every C4 program is affected...its annoying!

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Philbo69 wrote:

None of the programs on C4 have subtitles, don't watch 5 so not sure but every C4 program is affected...its annoying!

It’s not gone unnoticed.

https://www.entertainmentdaily.co.uk/tv/subtitles-on-channel-4-ofcom-extremely-concerned-with-tech-i... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks