cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

Debz64
Joining in

I have just changed my tv to a Toshiba and when I try to get the TiVo box to work it comes up no signal 

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are one of three possibilities here then.

1: The HDMI ports are faulty - you can easily test this by connecting another device using a known working HDMI lead, to the same port. This could be a games console, a DVD/Blu-ray player, anything that outputs a video signal

2: The HDMI lead is faulty - did you use the same HDMI lead when connecting your TiVo to your other TV?

3: You aren't selecting the input on your TV controls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

hdmi lead is fine as used on both tv’s

hdmi port seems fine as used with both Amazon and now tv stick.

not sure what you mean by selecting input unless you mean selecting the correct hdmi socket that the virgin is connected to which I have done

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you've proven the TV's HDMI inputs as working, and the HDMI lead.

You've also proven the TiVo's output as working with another TV.

The only cause left for your issues, is the selection of the HDMI input on your TV. So... you need to check which if your TV's HDMI inputs you are using for your TiVo's HDMI lead. Make a note of this.

Now use your TV's remote to choose which input you want the TV to display - choose the input you've made a note of, above.

If the HDMI ports are all working as is the HDMI lead, there's nothing else left to go wrong.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks