cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

Debz64
Joining in

I have just changed my tv to a Toshiba and when I try to get the TiVo box to work it comes up no signal 

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your TiVo is on, it will be outputting a video signal on the HDMI connection. Check which of your TV's HDMI ports the lead is connected to, and using your TV remote control, select that HDMI input.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I tried that , sourced hdmi 1 with my tv control searched and found “no signal” I’m at a loss. I have bought a new tv and thought it would be straight forward to transfer over 🤷‍♀️ Does the TiVo box need to be connected to internet 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The internet doesn't have anything to do with this, but the TiVo's is inbuilt anyway.

Is your TiVo switched on? What colour LED's do you have on the front-left? Are you sure the HDMI lead is firmly connected at both ends?

If you power the TiVo off using the rocker switch, does your TV display the "Starting up" graphics that the box produces during the bootup cycle?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

• Sorry for late reply I have been at work but still haven’t fixed this problem. 
    the two lights on the left are green but nothing happens when I reboot 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the lights are green, your TiVo has booted up. So the problem is likely with your HDMI connection to your TV.

Check which HDMI port on your TV, the HDMI lead from your TiVo is connected to - it should be numbered. Now use your TV remote to make sure that same input is selected. You may need to consult your TV manual for help on doing this, unless you wanted to post the make & model of your TV and someone may be able to find an online copy.

Tv is a Toshiba 65UA2B63DB 

it has been purchased new for Christmas. I am sure all wires are properly in place I don’t see what else I can do. Virgin have ran a test and say my box is not working properly so advices to reboot which I have now done “again” but have not got any joy as still not working. 

it has been impossible to speak to an actual live person so I am now at a loss again

Hi, I have just bought my old tv back down and the virgin works 🤷‍♀️

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you managed to check which HDMI port on your new TV, that the HDMI lead from your TiVo, is connected to?

Yes there are 4 hdmi ports and I have tried all 4