Menu
Highlighted
jefftravis
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No menu option

I have a V6 and a Tivo that I kept when I upgraded.
The V6 is the default box.
When I go to home - my shows and recordings - my planned recordings
                                                                              manage series link+
                                                                              recording hiccups
This only relates to the V6 box and the only way I can view these options on  Tivo is by signing into my account and going into " manage my Tivo" 
My Tivo has developed a mind of its own and is recording whatever it wants despite clearing all the "thumbs up " and recording suggestions.

I would have thought that you would be able to access the Tivo  options via the remote control.
Any ideas?virgin-min.JPG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No menu option

You can turn recording suggestions off via the default recording options in the Help & Settings menu.

You will only see planned recordings for the box you are sitting in front of.

The firmware only has the facility to see & stream the recordings on the other boxes. That is why you have the TV Control app so you can do this on mobile devices.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Assuming the TiVo has no TV connected, the Virgin TV Control app is the best solution for managing the TiVo.

0 Kudos
jefftravis
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info, I had already turned the suggestions off and this works on the V6 default box.
I`m in the process of making the Tivo behave itself via my account  ( I don`t bother with the app)
Just seems stupid that you can`t control both boxes via the remote, even more stupid that it has recorded stuff that it has not been commanded to do.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Does the TiVo have a TV connected? If no then you can’t control it with a remote control.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@jefftravis wrote:

Thanks for the info, I had already turned the suggestions off and this works on the V6 default box.
I`m in the process of making the Tivo behave itself via my account  ( I don`t bother with the app)
Just seems stupid that you can`t control both boxes via the remote, even more stupid that it has recorded stuff that it has not been commanded to do.

TiVO boxes are totally independent of each other & this is one of the reasons I have stuck with VM for TV. My folks find it confusing enough using inter-box streaming as it is. If this extended further to all the box functions it would make things far worse.

If the TiVO firmware guys in the states (that make the core firmware) considered it worth it they would have done it by now.

Everyone has their gripes about the firmware. I wish there was an option to extend non-live recordings at the point you set them. Not having to set the recording & then go through a multitude of button presses in a separate process afterward to do it.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jefftravis
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No, it`s only the V6 default box, and to complicate matters, I have the sam knows monitoring box and the whole set up looks like a can of worms, everything is connected up to each other and i`m not going to start messing about with it, probably make matters worse.
I`ll just have to settle for controlling the Tivo via my PC
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Remember the TV Control app is available on Android and iOS, and can control more on the V6 and TiVo boxes than via the Manage my TiVo section of the website.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
jefftravis
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, downloaded the app and just having a bit of a play around with it
0 Kudos