cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection on tivo after virgin issues

Huyfg
Joining in

There was a big virgin broadband and tv issue 2 days ago in our local area and our services were down for around 5 hours.  After the problem was fixed our tivo box now has no network connection so doesnt work and only option on settings says plug in ethernet cable.  We have never had to do this before and are unable to do this as the tivo box is a 2nd additional box to our main one which is on a different floor to our router.  Our main virgin v6 box is working fine. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I will move this thread to the Tivo forum.

The Tivo gets its network connection from its coax connection via an inbuilt modem. Sounds like it may just have "lost" that connection.

Try turning it off and unplugging from the mains for 5'. Disconnect and reconnect the coax during that period and then fire it up and see if it remakes the connection

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's a couple of things here.

Firstly, the Ethernet connection on a TiVo is only used for multiroom streaming and not the internet - different to the V6.

On a TiVo - check the front-left of the box for the heartbeat light, if it's solid on then the net connection is online, if it's flashing there's still a fault somewhere.

If the light is on, and internet-funtions such as OnDemand aren't working, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > Connect to Virgin Media services now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Huyfg,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your tivo box, are the issues still ongoing?

If so, have you tried to reboot your box as advised by @jbrennand and also have you tried the suggestion from @japitts to try and reconnect your TV box to the network.

Regards,

Steven_L