Menu
Tom_Watson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No default GW on TiVo

My old TiVo, which I have networked via a ethernet cable, no longer seems to be able to connect out e.g. to Netflix or VOD. On the LAN I can ping the box's IP address, so I know it's picking up an IP address. However, it doesn't seem to have a default GW. I also cannot seem to set a default GW manually either. Has a recent software update caused this lack of default GW functionality?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No default GW on TiVo

Old tivos do  it use the ethernet port for those features 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Shay_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Tom_Watson.

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your TiVo® service. Would you be able to tell if there's any update since your post? Have you tried rebooting the hub and your TV box to see if there's any changes? Have you tried using a different Ethernet cable to see if it helps?

You may also try using a different Ethernet cable. If it's not working and if you think it also affects other wired devices, I might say that there is a a potential fault with the ports on your hub.If only one device is affected and a replacement of cable doesn't work, there might be a problem with the TV set up box already.

We can help further by looking into the account if needed, and identifying the main issue there and we can do this via online chat.

Please keep us posted for any updates.

^Shay_S

0 Kudos
Tom_Watson
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shay

I have rebooted the Tivo. Also I have used different cables, which have worked on other devices.

I did a search on the forums and noticed this sounded like the issue I am having, and that they managed to resolve it. Though they don't explain fully what the solution is.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/TiVo-n27-error/td-p/3371574

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Japhet_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom_Watson,

Thank for posting. Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Tivo® box.

Since you've tried a different Ethernet cable, there might be a problem with the box or the ports on your hub.

We may need to check if there's a provisioning issue as well to determine what causes the problem. We can do this via online chat. Just click the link for further assistance.

Let us know how it goes.
-Japhet_F

0 Kudos