Menu
RichField17
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Picture only sound until I pull out and plug back in HDMI... :(

When I turn on the TV (I've tried box first and TV first... same issue either way) I get nothing... until I select a channel - at this point I get sound but no picture. The only way I get picture is by pulling out and re-inserting the HDMI cable in to the back. 

I have a Sony TV - is that the issue? I've seen lots of people seem to be having the same issue. It's a deal-breaker for me as it's not what I paid for - so unless it can be fixed, I'll cancel my contract under the Sale of Goods Act. I really don't want to though - great signal here, super clear picture etc. 

Fact is - I want to be able to turn on and off my TV without having to lean begind the TV each time.

Hope to hear from someone with a solution soon Smiley Happy 

Rich 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Picture only sound until I pull out and plug back in HDMI... :(

Hi Rich

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing at the moment.

Have you been able to try an alternate HDMI cable? Or your cable on an alternate HDMI port on your TV? Do you have any other devices plugged into the TV? If so, how are they working? 

Sorry for all the questions, we want to help to get to the bottom of this issue ASAP.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
eezypz
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue with my V6 + Sony Bravia. Engineers called out twice but because the problem is intermittent they get the system going then disappear!

They have replaced the HDMI cable and V6 box, and fiddled around with settings and HDMI ports but the result is the same.

All is well with a different (and older) TV. Virgin (India) say they have lots of calls about this issue, but seem unable to resolve it. I am at a loss. If Virgin know how to solve the problem or are working towards a solution, they should let us know before I throw the 'baby out with the bathwater'.

I would even consider buying a new TV, but suppose the problem is the same!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi eexypz

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently. 

Does the TV you're using have the latest firmware installed? You can usually check this in the settings and search for latest firmware. As it's working with a different TV it would show there's not an issue with your set top box or cable. 

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@eezypz wrote:

I have the same issue with my V6 + Sony Bravia. Engineers called out twice but because the problem is intermittent they get the system going then disappear!

They have replaced the HDMI cable and V6 box, and fiddled around with settings and HDMI ports but the result is the same.

All is well with a different (and older) TV. Virgin (India) say they have lots of calls about this issue, but seem unable to resolve it. I am at a loss. If Virgin know how to solve the problem or are working towards a solution, they should let us know before I throw the 'baby out with the bathwater'.

I would even consider buying a new TV, but suppose the problem is the same!

It appears to be some Sony Bravia's not liking the new HDCP 2 standard. I have also seen the same issues popping up on Sky forums with the new SkyQ boxes they use.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
eezypz
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank for the response Craig, but I am afraid that you and the 3 technicians that have already visited have failed to grasp the problem.

The net is full of people experiencing this fault and it is (so it seems) due to the 'flaky' nature of HDCP communication between the V6 and some TVs (mine included). I have solved the problem myself by purchasing for the princely sum of £14 an HDMI splitter that strips out this HDCP signal.

It worked first time and I have had no issue since, but I think you should make prospective customers aware that the V6 will not work with some TVs.

I naïve hope I guess.

0 Kudos
eezypz
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. You will see from my most recent post that I have solved the problem with an inexpensive HDMI splitter. But it is comforting to know that if I had ditched Virgin, which I when cross - I was sorely tempted to do, I could have had the same problem with Sky!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would hope virgin would let us out of our contracts as their mobile service is not fit for use, being a blind person I use Siri 95% of the time, it’s obviously a fault with the Sim cards they are sending out and should have sorted out this problem long ago, Virgin is a total letdown and I am going to give it one more week then leave, and if need be contact the ombudsman or whatever to get out of this contract!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi eezypz

Thanks for taking the time to get back to us about this, I'm very happy to hear that you've solved the issue.

We'll be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos