cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New series on Starzplay

scurtis
On our wavelength

Hello,

I subscribed to Starzplay through Virgin Media last month, and it all seemed fine.

However, the new series (6) of Outlander has been released today on Starz's own platform, but still only series 1-5 are available on the Box Sets section on Tivo.

How long does it usually take for new episodes/series to appear in Box Sets?

(I rebooted the box just in case that would make a difference, but it didn't.)

Thanks,

Sue.

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sue,

Series 6 is available via Amazon Prime. I realise that the TIVO doesn't have Amazon Prime, but the V6 and 360 boxes do.

If you have a Firestick, or Amazon Prime via your TV you might be able to sign in and watch series 6 (not sure how the billing works if you already have a Starzplay account but possibly worth looking into)

There's currently a special offer via Prime where Starzplay is £1.99/month for 6 months, £5.99/month after. Offer ends 31 March. So perhaps look at cancelling the subscription via VM if you do have access to Prime?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

scurtis
On our wavelength

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help.

As I understand it, for this series you need to pay extra on top of the standard Prime subscription, so I was avoiding that one. I don't have Prime anyway, and the Virgin/Starz subscription only works via the settop box.

I had already spotted the special offer, so I have now subscribed directly to Starz (not via Prime), and at least I can watch it on my laptop.

(It's a long story, but I can't watch it on the TV because Virgin's email system has swallowed a couple of 'subscription confirmation' emails meaning I can't add the Starz app to the TV, and it doesn't work via the TV's browser. Thwarted at every angle! That's a Sunday afternoon I won't get back.)

Thanks again,

Sue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@scurtis wrote:

However, the new series (6) of Outlander has been released today on Starz's own platform, but still only series 1-5 are available on the Box Sets section on Tivo.

It might be worth querying that with Starz directly - certainly in the case of ITV & C4, the vast majority of content available on other platforms is also on the VM-STB app. But there are some random exceptions, and potentially this is another.

There's a "contact us" link at the bottom of their FAQ's.. https://www.starz.com/gb/en/faq 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

scurtis
On our wavelength

That's useful to know - thanks.

I will probably stick with the Starz app and unsubscribe from the Virgin one.

Sue.