Menu
Peggyc67
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New box V6 can’t connect

Trying to install new V6 box we can’t use cable adapter it just won’t fit. I have terrestrial tv but nothing else and a purple box on the screen saying there’s a fault spoke to tech on phone last night for 40 minutes no joy they said they would get services up and running over night but tonight still same thing. Question one do we need connecter cable as we can connect without it. Question two how do I get the virgin channels to work.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box V6 can’t connect

The V6 box uses a connection that looks that same a terrestrial aerial connector and so you need the right cable for it.

If you're upgrading from an older Virgin TV box you should have a short white adapter cable that turns a coax connection into the V6 type connection. This should be in the self install box so it's worth double checking the box the V6 was in.

For new V6 self installs, you get a cable with two leads coming from a splitter box. One has the right cable for the V6 and the other is the right cable for the broadband Hub.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Peggyc67
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box TiVo box

Seems it’s a new upgraded TiVo box not V6 but it still doesn’t work and the customer I received last night was the worst I’ve ever had from any organisation the guy no clue. Asking me for a serial number ams then telling me there was no record of it blew my mind I asked to be put through to a manager who took my complaint then put me through to tech I was on hold for 20 minutes then got cut off. I’ve put my old box back on but it’s made me just want to cancel virgin all together.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ellen_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New box TiVo box

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your TiVo®  box and your recent experience wasn't  pleasant, it's not service we aim to provide.

For us to sort this out and make sure it's working, we can do this via our online chat.

Check this link here, it might help.

For any dissatisfaction with any of our processes or policies you may wish to view our complaints process  http://virg.in/compscop.

Let us know how it goes. ^Ellen_C

0 Kudos