Menu
LAUREN96
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New V6 box doesn't connect to router

I have a TiVo v6 box in my bedroom and one in my living room with the router. The one in the living room is connected and works brilliant but the one in my bedroom doesn’t connect to the router I’ve even tried using the WiFi option and still no luck. The WiFi on my phone doesn’t reach either. There’s 2 red lights on my tivio box in my bedroom. Is the problem lying with yous as it hasn’t been installed properly, or is just the way my flat is set out? If so is there anything you could suggest that could maybe pull the WiFi to the bedroom ?
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New V6 box doesn't connect to router

sounds like you have issues somewhere which may require engineer to inspect if the other box is working and the other isnt and its not working with router it may need some tests run to see what the issue is ill leave it up to forum members so they can advice u what to do could be a problem with equipment is it the router connecting to tivo which isnt working could be offline
0 Kudos
LAUREN96
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonathanlouis sometimes it connects sometimes it doesn’t... I’m so confused?
0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

go to networking wifi over on broadband section and tell them u have issues with modem it needs testing or if you think there is issues they will test it or if the router is working then its not that its maybe the v6 thats faulty im not sure what to say type in on drop down list on forum home page networking wifi type your issue and team will check your router they should be able to test router as its connected to network i cant really do anymore unless your box is got issues forum team might pick this up and test it to see what its wrong
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The issue here is that your WiFi doesn’t supply a strong, reliable signal at the location of the V6.

The option you should consider is to use powerline adapters which use your electrical wiring to ‘create’ an Ethernet connection.

jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i think your right ernie never thought of that i wasnt sure what the fault was i think she is best to go with that option cheers ernie
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LAUREN96,

Welcome to the community.

I just wanted to pop by and see if Ernie_C has helped with your connection issue?  We're here to help so give us a shout if you need anything further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out