Menu
Francolace
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New V6 TV Bundle Confirmation?

I called virgin media to cancel my TiVo subscription as it was resetting every 20 minutes and I only used it for freeview anyway. As my contract was up I thought I could get a new deal at the price of £57 for the full house, but upgraded too the 200 mps wifi which in total was £64 and I asked if this was with the new box but the reply was no I could talk to technical about my old TiVo box which I couldn't see the point only for them to agree the box was faulty. Anyway I was told if I wanted to upgrade I could pay £49 for the std box or a one off payment of £99 for the latest box which records up to 6 channels. My total bill is now £198 plus a one off payment of £119 for installation and activation. Not sure whats happened here as i seem to be seeing the  v6 box being offered for free. 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 TV Bundle Confirmation?

If you have a TiVo then a V6 isn't free but if the TiVo is broken then get an engineer out and he should replace it with a V6 for free, or they can send them out in the post as they did to replace my TiVo which broke.

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many existing Tivo customers are being offered a free upgrade to V6 with a self install. x

Francolace
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I thought this would be the case as it's cheaper than sending an engineer for them to agree that my old TiVo box is broken, but I've been charged for it and I will be installing it myself.

0 Kudos