Menu
falmouth17
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Tivo will not power on

We had a Tivo installed by an engineer a week ago who confirmed it was sending a signal to our tv.

We tried to use it for the first time today and it has powered off with no lights on the front, and pressing standby on the remote or the front does nothing to turn it on. We have tested it multiple times with the power switch on the back both up and down. The tv says 'no signal' when the HDMI1 input the engineer connected it to is selected (or anything else).

Customer services has now closed after a 40 minute wait in a phone queue with no answer.

Is there anything else we might not have thought of to tell whether the Tivo is powered off or powered on? The resetting and restarting tips on the VM website are no use as they all require some output to the screen so that the Home button etc works - all we have in front of us is an unresponsive black brick.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Tivo will not power on

Hi falmouth17,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out with your concerns. I'm really sorry that you've had issues using your TV box, this isn't what we'd like to see.

It sounds like you may have a faulty box and could need a replacement. Have you managed to resolve this issue since your post?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
falmouth17
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for picking this query up at last. We were able to report the fault the next day after another 30 minute wait on the phone (I had to come home from work early to make sure there would be time to get through) and a technician is supposed to be coming to exchange the box this afternoon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi falmouth17,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Due to the nature of such a digital platform, we can never guarantee that responses would be immediate. This is primarily a community forum, so standard process is to allow 48 hours for our members to respond before posts are picked up by forum staff.

I'm really glad that this is all in hand and that you're having a new box installed. Thank you for letting us know and do keep us posted. If you have any further queries or concerns, please don't hesitate to drop us another line here.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos