cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tivo box.

tedgarland
Joining in

When LG Smart TV comes on in morning. It goes straight on to Live Antenna. My old box was set to go to HDMI 1 (Virgin tv). How can I change this to happen please. Tx,

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to select the relevant HDMI input using your TV remote.

When you say "old box" and "new box", have you had a fault replacement? If so, I suspect your old box was perhaps already switched on when you turned your TV on - meaning the video output was already running and your TV recognised it. Your new box is perhaps in standby, so there's no video output for your TV to recognise.

If so - there's 2 ways to fix that...

1: Switch your TiVo on first, before switching your TV on perhaps a minute later

2: Change your TiVo's power-saving settings to always-on so it never goes into standby and is on 24/7/365

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tx for your help. I have been in touch with Virgin and they are sending an engineer out . Suspect problem with box. Thank you very much for your time.

Hi Japitts. Seems I have a V6 box. will be sorted on Friday. Thank you for you kind help.

Hi, thank you for your help. The Virgin engineer came out (it seems I have a V^ box). He was not sure how to make the tv come on to HDMI1 either. Do you have any ideas please. The box is on continuous, so each morning when I press to bring tv on it goes to Aerial. Tx again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does this help at all?... https://www.techjunkie.com/change-input-lg-tv/ 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks