cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tivo Box with Error 7013 code

sl0616
Tuning in

Recently received a new Tivo box, but after start-up checklist, I get Error code 7013,

I have tried to get through via phone but keep getting told to try again later due to the high volume of callers, looking on here it seems as if the box hasn't been activated, any help would be welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SI0616,

Sorry to see you are having issues with your new TIVO.

Apologies in advance if this is long winded.

If this is a replacement, does the old one still work if you swap them over?

You say it's a TIVO, but it's possible that it may be a V6 box, you can double check which one you have <<< on this page >>> 

If it's a V6 can you try connecting it with an ethernet cable please.

Have you double checked all your connections are finger tight, especially the white coaxial cable?

I've had a search through the forums for error 7013, and there are a couple of scenario's.

There may be a local issue. Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

As you rightly said, it may be that it hasn't been activated. The system sometimes self activates the boxes, however if it didn't then you could try calling  0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

It might also be a mismatch with the system not recognising the serial number  on the new box, in which case it would need intervention from the faults team, which may result in a new box or tech visit.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SI0616,

Sorry to see you are having issues with your new TIVO.

Apologies in advance if this is long winded.

If this is a replacement, does the old one still work if you swap them over?

You say it's a TIVO, but it's possible that it may be a V6 box, you can double check which one you have <<< on this page >>> 

If it's a V6 can you try connecting it with an ethernet cable please.

Have you double checked all your connections are finger tight, especially the white coaxial cable?

I've had a search through the forums for error 7013, and there are a couple of scenario's.

There may be a local issue. Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

As you rightly said, it may be that it hasn't been activated. The system sometimes self activates the boxes, however if it didn't then you could try calling  0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

It might also be a mismatch with the system not recognising the serial number  on the new box, in which case it would need intervention from the faults team, which may result in a new box or tech visit.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest, is this a fault replacement or an additional multiroom installation?

Despite your admirable efforts to avoid calling in to resolve this, I strongly suspect that will end up being the solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So it turns out, as suspected the New box had not been activated a phone call later and the New box is now finishing updating software,

Thanks for your advice much appreciated

It is a fault replacement and yes I did indeed end up having the dreaded 45 mins phone call but in the end, the person on the other end was very helpful as always and activated the new box, problem solved hopefully..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again SI0616,

Thanks  for the update.

Glad it's all working now.

Any further problems just pop back and crate a new thread.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Thanks for your reply and update, sl0616, glad to hear you were able to speak with a member of the team to get things sorted. 

Cheers,

Corey C