Menu
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New Box Required please

After suffering numerous problems with our Tivo like sound out of sync and recording not happening I decided it was time to do a reset.  Nothing like a nice clean install to sort things out so I thought.

I clicked on the 'Delete Everything' and it acknowledged by saying take a seat as it could take up to an hour.

Well 2 hours later and it's still Deleting.  I switched it off at the wall for 10 mins and then back on, it came up with the Starting up screen and then went straight into the Deleting everything screen so we leave it and go for tea and on return 4 hours later it is still on the deleting page.

Have left it overnight and it is still the same showing the deleting everything page in the morning.  No buttons on the remote give any response and there is no hard reset button, so it's obviously faulty.

How do I get a replacement please? and don't say give them a ring as the last time I had to ring I was put through 3 different people who all asked for password etc and then kept on hold for 40 minutes, that's not good enough.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Box Required please

0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that but that box is a hundred years old and nothing like the modern one, no controls on the box today.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bengie,

Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear you are having issues with an ageing Tivo box, we would like to assist further via a PM in order to access your account. Would you be okay to proceed with us?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Louis,

My box isn't that old, the box shown in the link that was posted is though.

Yes fine with PM's

0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I was too late to edit the above post. I think I might have got that wrong and it's not a Tivo but a V6.

There is no id on it to say what it is.
That's what happens when you are almost 80 years old.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A v6 certainly could not be classed as old!

Try this link for a v6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-box-stuck-quot-deleting-everything-quot-for-thr...

0 Kudos