Menu
PeteNW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network errors C133 and N17

Fairly new to Virgin having a Hub 3 and V6 box installed in August.  We lost internet a month or so ago resulting in a call to support who said some settings had been changed and got us back on line remotely in minutes.  since then we have had a C133 error on our TV.

Going to Help & Settings on the TV >>Network>>Connect to Virgin Media Service now always gives Preparing - OK, Connecting - Failed whist negotiating.  More Info gives - There is a problem with the connection (N17).

Going to  View Network Diagnostics >>Test connection gives - 

Port Configuration ....Failed

DNS resolution.....Failed

Port Configuration test gives -

The ports listed below need to be opened on your router.  TCP port 80, 8080, 80, 7287,7288,8081

For more info review your router manual or contact your ISP.

DNS resolution test failed, If your DNS address were automatically received from a DHCP server, review your router manual or contact your ISP

This is all a bit above my pay grade!  Is there something I can do simply in the Hub 3 setup or should I call this in?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
PeteNW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network errors C133 and N17

Well I bit the bullet and called the helpline! Spoke to a very helpful lady who reconnected my V6 box to the Hub3 by wifi rather than ethernet cable and all is resolved. So far I've been impressed with service as both my issues have been resolved with a minimum of drama!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteNW,

Welcome to the community.

I'm glad this has been resolved for you.

If you have any further queries please let us know on the community.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Wilsonsdad
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am also having this problem, I’ve checked my Ethernet cable is in securely and all other wires. I only had virgin installed 2 weeks ago!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wilsonsdad,

I can see that this post has already been answered here.

If you have any further queries please reply on that thread.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos