Menu
OscarMarkey
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Network cable unplugged (but it is)

Turning on my TV today has just resulted in in this message coming up. It’s definitely plugged in, it’s not a new cable or anything it’s been working for months. It’s just suddenly started saying it’s not plugged in. I was already getting sick of our wireless connections dropping out all the time this is ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network cable unplugged (but it is)

have you tried putting cable into different port on the hub, if its going direct to hub.. is there any light on the port where the cable is connected

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If this is indeed a TiVo box you're talking about (and not a V6), the network cable unplugged message is misleading and refers to an upstream signal fault, not a physical cable being unplugged. Check to see if there's an area fault and failing that ring Virgin because they'll need to send an engineer.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
OscarMarkey
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it’s a TiVo box. It’s doesnt say that anywhere it just says it’s unplugged and to check if it’s connected. I’ve tried restarting both the box and the router, but I’ve just has surgery I can be messing around with wires all day for something that should just work when you pay £90 a month. Really frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As AV-115 has explained it's not a physical cable issue but a logical one. The TiVo is unable to connect via its internal modem so it gives the message that a cable is unplugged.

You don't need to fiddle with anything, just check your service status and if no issues there call in the fault.

How much you pay a month is irrelevant, faults happen and unless you make Virgin aware they can't do anything about it.

0 Kudos