Menu
Gruffbaby
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netlix low connection speed

Hi There,

Please could someone test and take a look at my Tivo netflix connection speed?  The average connection speed over several tests is below 5Mbps.  Netflix recommends over 5Mbps for HD content.

Kind Regards.

Connection speed.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netlix low connection speed

That is one of the reasons that TiVo can’t reliably run Netflix. It only has a 10Mb internet connection.

The solution is to move to V6.

Use poor Netflix performance, among other things, to convince Retentions to upgrade you at low or zero cost.

sidsewell
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I use my SmartTV App to watch Netflix, apart from the occasional crash, no problems whatsoever. My TV is connected to my router via standard ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Huw_B
Moderator (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gruffbaby, 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with viewing Netflix through your TiVo. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo, and can see that there are a few power level issues which will in turn affect the speed of the internal modem - which provides the connection for Netflix. 

So at this point, we'd like to look at booking a technician to call out and take a look. I've sent you a private message in order to get the ball rolling, please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message.

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gruffbaby
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have replied to the PM.

0 Kudos