Menu
richedwards84
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix won't load.

Hi there, 

I have been using Netflix on my Amazon Fire Stick and Mac through my Hub 3 for over a year. About a month ago Netflix stopped loading on both the Fire Stick and on my Mac. If I switch connection to 4G, Netflix works fine so it's definitely something to do with my VM connection or settings. 

I saw on another post that turning on Web Safe might help, I tried this but it hasn't worked. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix won't load.

Hi richedwards84,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your Netflix connection

Exactly what error is displayed when Netflix 'fails to load'? If at all possible a screen shot may help.

The general connection seems ok from this side.

Take care. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
richedwards84
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Sure, screenshot of the error I get on my Mac below. On my Fire Stick, the app does not even load, you get to screen with a red "N" and the loading circle and gets stuck. 

I have tired all of Netflix's troubleshooting guides and spoken with their technical support however they say the problem is solely to do with my ISP. As I mentioned, I can connect to the internet through 4g and Nexflix works perfectly so I'm inclined to agree that it is an ISP problem. General connection is fine, but Netflix is being blocked for some reason. It seemed to happen when i was upgraded from 100Mb to 200Mb, not sure if it is coincidental. 

Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 14.40.38.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi richedwards84,

I've responded to your separate thread regarding this.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos