Menu
Michelle13
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Netflix on TV

we've been having this issue for several weeks now - everytime we watch netflix via virgin it drops out every 10mins or so then buffers to 20% - we've tried everything and are a bit fed up! how can this be resolved, it seems to be an issue for a lot of people?

Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix on TV

Hi Michelle13,

Thanks for posting on the community and I'm sorry to learn that you're having problems with Netflix.

Is this happening on any program that you try to watch?

If you reboot your TiVo® by the mains is it making any difference?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Carzy
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelle,

Sorry to jump on your thread but just to add we also have had very similar problems watching Netflix recently, hopefully if more people flag it something will be done. Having a quick look through the forums on here it seems to be a pretty common problem.

I have just had a 53 minute phone call (after a 28 minute call on Tuesday) still no further forward other than being told 2 different things! got told on Tuesday that Netflix has changed the way it streams and the built in modem on the Tivo box only runs at 10Mbps which can't handle this "new way" hence the slowness and buffering, got told today that that was nonsense and they can't find any problem at all with my Tivo box, but agreed it is very slow even just loading Netflix up never mind trying to watch anything. Got asked to ring back after 1pm today so they can perform more checks (I've got better things to do than spend another near hour on the phone).

Very frustrating to be told Netflix is running slower than it should be but there's no problem with my services!?!

0 Kudos
kuranda
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

had same problem but when watching on my firestick it works fine. One other point, when searching yesterday movie it was not listed on virgin/netflix but was on firestick/netflix. I would suggest it is a virgin problem. They will not admit that of course. And remember it is staff at call center who at fault,they can only work with with the information they are given. After UKTV shambles it is about they invested  in efficient customer service. Will they. What do you think !!!!!!!!!!    Smiley MadSmiley Mad

0 Kudos
kuranda
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Michelle  Sorry for typing errors in my previous reply Smiley MadSmiley Mad Hope you manged to decode it

0 Kudos
Michelle13
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi . Thank you for your reply. I rebooted my TVIo however the same applies. It takes 5 minutes to have Netflix started then 10 minutes after the movie starts is starting to crash and reload without beeing able to watch anything. As I could see from the forum there are lots of people having the issue will be greatly appreciated to have this matter solved ASAP or refunded the Netflix monthly subscription as we can’t watch it on TV . Regards, Michelle 

0 Kudos
Jedwards82
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to jump on another’s post. But I am having the same issues with Netflix stopping and when reloads buffers to 25%. This can then take 15 - 30 mins to come back on. This is not effecting any other apps and I have tried unplugging and rebooting several times that doesn’t work. I note that on other posts people mention the WiFi connection but none of my other devices has been effected. Please help

0 Kudos
Plowdena_82
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ah! Although, online websites have provided us with ample of information and entertainment but a good internet connection matters a lot. When I was watching series by Andy Yeatman, I made sure the internet worked fine because I didn’t want to break my fun in between.

0 Kudos