cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix on 2nd Tivo box not connected to router by ethernet cable

CABISH22
Tuning in

Hi, I've just changed bundles to include the Netflix offer. I cannot access it on the 2nd tivo box which is situated in another room and is not connected to the router by ethernet cable. The error message I get is that the Ethernet cable is disconnected. IIs it possible to view it using wifi? The signal in the room with the 2nd box in has a strong wifi signal.

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the V6 forum but made reference to a TiVo - which do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

I ask because although both TV boxes run the same software, their internet connectivity is different.

If you have a TiVo - the Ethernet connection is only for multiroom streaming, and the internet is delivered over the co-ax cable and is inbuilt. The TiVo doesn't support WiFi.

If you have a V6 - the internet connection is via your homehub, be that over Ethernet or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HI, thank you for the help. My bundle changed happened yesterday morning and this morning I realised that my Blink security modules were off line. So I powered them off as well as my TV on the second box and when I powered them both on all was working properly and I can access Netflix on both boxes now.

Thanks and regards

Chris