Menu
BowlingMan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix -not connected to the internet message

We are unable to watch Netflix or Iplayer for long periods of time. We keep getting messages that we are not connected to the internet. Service drops out and even after entering a password, doesn't work.

Nothing seems to make any difference for any length of time and I'm really fed up that we're paying for a service that we can't access.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ralph_R
Moderator (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix -not connected to the internet message

Apologies for not getting in touch sooner, I've run a few checks on your service and can see that peak time demand is high on your network segment and may be a factor with streaming issues.

Networks have this raised on ref. F005296210  with upgrade work to add additional capacity estimated for around March next year.

I would also recommend that you test your service with a wired connection (if currently wireless) to help rule any other factor that could be affecting Netflix play back.

Kind rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
BowlingMan
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. The problem is with the WiFi connecting to the Smart TV . It is impossible to watch Netflix and I have lost track of the amount of times we have been told - you live in an area with a lot of demand-  it's just unfortunate. Jam tomorrow ( actually March ) doesn't really help. One TV trying to access Netflix is not much to expect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BowlingMan,

We are really sorry about this, It does seem as per previous post, there is an issue in your area, once resolved I am sure things will be back to normal.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
BowlingMan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry no - jam in March is not good enough. We are paying for a service ( not to you) that we can't access. That is money every month wasted. Had enough of being fobbed off by Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send you a private message BowlingMan, so we can look into this for you.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos