Menu
_Gandalf
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netflix - no connection through channel 204 or app

I can't reach Netflix through the TiVo box - both the channel and the app.  Both routes just give a black screen with a white text message saying "Unable to connect to Netflix.  Please try again or visit www.netflix.com/help"

I've tried phoning on 150 but repeatedly get routed to "this problem can be solved by restarting your box" - despite the automated service not knowing what "this problem" actually is.  That said, I have restarted the TiVo box several times, to no avail.  Quite frustrating to be able to watch Netflix on everything except the TV!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
keithrob
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - no connection through channel 204 or app

If you have a relatively old TiVo box as I did it is not likely to work. After a struggle I obtained  the latest TiVo box and this does work, although much more slowly than the V6. Ask for an engineer visit and insist on a box change if they cannot get your current one to work.

keithrob

0 Kudos
_Gandalf
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SOLVED

After a 40 minute session of being on hold and conversations with various people, I got transferred to a UK helpline.  The following solution only works with this particular error, but as it took a while to get hold of, I thought it worth a share…

From the black screen (with white text "unable to connect" etc), using the arrows on the circle part of the remote, press:

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, up, up, up, up

This will generate a new screen - go down to the bottom and select Sign Out.

The next screen will display an error message NW-4-8.  Ignore the three options presented and turn off the TiVo box.

Wait the standard 10 seconds, turn it back on.  After a restart, I was able to log into Netflix.  Which I'm now off to watch 🙂

souzie2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just saying thank you! This has just worked perfectly for me too, many thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos
mande78
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks,

I spent hours (most of the night) trying to get netflix to work. Waiting for the 8am opening to contact customer services, I decided to have one more look on here for advice. I found your post. Got to be honest, I thought it was rubbish when I read it. But gave it a go anyway- nothing to lose. 

Omg! It actually worked!! I had tried everything before hand. 

Thank you again, wish I had seen it hours ago! 

souzie2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I know, it sounds nuts doesn't it!! I reckon the arrows thing was a coincidence, if you went straight into More Details, you could get to the Sign Out option just the same!

My guess is that when I first got my TiVo box I tried signing into Netflix with my Virgin account details (cos I'm a dinosaur and don't understand these things)! Yesterday I actually subscribed properly, and somehow needed to "sign out" from my previous attempt in order to get the "sign in" option back! Hey ho! Enjoy!!!

0 Kudos