Menu
Craftyfox
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix keeps saying it can’t play this and try again later.

Netflix will not play anything. Sometimes it starts to play and after a few seconds, stops and reports that it cannot play this title, please try again later.

i can watch Netflix through my Apple and Amazon boxes, but not my TiVo box. 

I used to watch it okay, it stopped suddenly about two week ago.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix keeps saying it can’t play this and try again later.

Hi Craftyfox,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that Netflix isn't working properly via the TiVo® box.  I have carried out some checks with the connection remotely and all is looking ok from here.  Is this still an issue today?  If so can you tell me if this also happens with other apps like BBC iPlayer?  Also if it happens at certain times of the day would be helpful too.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Craftyfox
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

No, it doesn’t happen with iPlayer or any other service. Through my TiVo box, I cannot watch anything whatsoever on Netflix now, it doesn’t even start to play the programme. It immediately says;

’We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again or select a different title’. 

When I select a different title it just does exactly the same.

I’ve carried out all the checks that the ‘more details’ button suggests, but to no avail. I’ve reloaded Netflix too. Signed out and back in again. Exited Netflix. Still won’t play anything.

Help please?

John.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Craftyfox wrote:

Hi Collette,

No, it doesn’t happen with iPlayer or any other service. Through my TiVo box, I cannot watch anything whatsoever on Netflix now, it doesn’t even start to play the programme. It immediately says;

’We’re having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again or select a different title’. 

When I select a different title it just does exactly the same.

I’ve carried out all the checks that the ‘more details’ button suggests, but to no avail. I’ve reloaded Netflix too. Signed out and back in again. Exited Netflix. Still won’t play anything.

Help please?

John.

I've had this issue for a while now, originally it only seemed to affect some programs and a reboot of the box would fix it (so that may be worth a try if you haven't done it) but now seems to be permanent and happens on anything I try and view. I suspect there's some cached Netflix data which is either corrupt or full, so it might be that a full clear and reset of the box would fix it but that's not guaranteed and would mean the loss of all recordings\series links etc. so don't really want to try that.

Does seem to be a reasonably common issue both on VM equipment and other devices, though on other devices the Netflix advice is to uninstall and reinstall the app, but that's not an option on the V6\TiVo, but hopefully that means that someone is looking into it!

0 Kudos