Menu
Mick_lewis80
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix issue

Hello, 

I have an recurring problem with Netflix getting to 25% buffering then crashing completely. Error messages says its an internet problem but the service works fine on mobile. Feels like it could be a problem with the Tivo box...similar posts suggest this is the fix. 

Any advice on what to do very welcome!

0 Kudos
soundster
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix issue

Hi there,

Have you tried logging out of the Netflix account and trying again?

Hopefully that will clear the issue for you. Let us know how it goes...
0 Kudos
oldmanofthesea
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi we have been having the same problem for months and months,on top of Netflix freezing at 25% recording has also been pixelating,and bad sound.So today 14th Feb an engineer came out.Our very old tivo box was on it's last legs,we have been given a new box smaller and a different shape V6 i think it is called.It can record six programmes so they tell us.So tonight i have just watched a film two and a half hours long and no freezing WONDERFUL So contact virgi and ask for an upgrade to a new box.Good luck.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mick_lewis80,

Sorry to hear your having recurring problems with Netflix. Does this only occur with the TiVo App or any Netflix connection? Also which type TiVo do you have?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
oldmanofthesea
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We had months and months of freezing at 25% three and four times a night it would freeze,so much so i stopped using it.Well my wife complained about the sound and picture breaking up when she watched her recordings.Out came an engineer checked speeds and what else,we were given a new box v6 i think it is called Freezing has stopped,so enquire about getting a new box good luck.Old Bob Leeds.

0 Kudos
Mick_lewis80
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello, yes the issue is only on our Tivo box. No issues watching Netflix on phone. Unsure what type of Tivo box it is, had it around 3or4 years. How do I find out? Thanks

0 Kudos
oldmanofthesea
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Turning it on and off plus pressing the three thumbs and last channel button,will do complete NOTHING the box needs replacing,just ring up tell them about the fault,tell them it's been known about since 2011-2013 and the only way to fix it is a new box.I have now watched three full films and it has not frozen once,we pay a lot for phone mobile internet and telly.Just ask for a better service,you NEED a new box.

0 Kudos
oldmanofthesea
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
oldmanofthesea
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media has announced this week that they will be offering existing Virgin TV customers a free upgrade to their V6 box, giving them access to the very best connected entertainment experience alongside ultrafast broadband.

In the year since launching the V6 box Virgin Media have installed over one million of the boxes, which will now be offered to current customers in an ambitious upgrade programme.

0 Kudos