Menu
LydallC
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix is now unwatchable

I've been watching Netflix for several years without any problem but a couple of weeks ago it kept freezing and then going off while I was trying to watch something. The various messages I got seemed to indicate that a cable was unplugged but nothing is loose at the back of the box and rebooting fixes the problem for five or ten minutes. 

Since then the problem has got worse. We've just been trying to watch a film on Netflix but after getting not even halfway through and having rebooted eight times, we've given up. There was a code on the screen at one point - C130 if that's relevant. 

It's also doing it on normal TV now as well. After we gave up on the film, it told us BBC1 wasn't available, then it was, and then it wasn't.

We have a Tivo box not V6. Router is in the other room. Wi-fi is fine. It's all worked fine up to a couple of weeks ago and we can't think of anything that's changed.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix it? It's driving us nuts.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix is now unwatchable

Hi Yes get a V6 box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
LydallC
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Mickey. Are you saying that the Tivo is never going to work? It was fine until a few weeks ago.

We've considered upgrading but my husband has a lot of programs saved on the Tivo and doesn't want to lose them. Also, it's expensive...

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again, I wouldn't want you to spend unnecessarily, it's just that the older TiVo boxes are notoriously bad at handling things like Netflix YouTube etc, if you can source Netflix via a smart TV or a Bluray player that will work better or if you have broadband a V6. Regards Micky
LydallC
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Micky. We do actually need to replace our Blueray as our (very) old one just died. That could solve the problem so cheers for that.

0 Kudos