Menu
SueGK22
Tuning in
Message 21 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly dropping out

This is no longer an issue since we got a V6 box.

0 Kudos
SueGK22
Tuning in
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

This is no longer a problem since we got a V6 box.

0 Kudos
chrisb57
Joining in
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue with my box upstairs as well, how can I get this fixed

0 Kudos
turnerstoon9
Tuning in
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chrisb57,

I am now many months on from originally reporting the issue with Virgin and still don't have a satisfactory fix. They swapped me to the new V6 box which stopped the buffering issue but created a new issue where the sound is constantly out of sync. Makes anything but animation totally unwatchable.

Rang Virgin so many times I lost count, kept giving me "fixes" to try for a few hours, needless to say none worked. Unfortunately I've been too busy with work recently to bother ringing again but the whole process has totally put me off the Virgin T.V. service and will be swapping at the earliest opportunity.

Forum Team (Retired) Collette_O
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisb57,

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear that you're also experiencing problems with the app via the TiVo® box.  Do you have the same issue with any other apps via the TiVo®?  

If you use Netflix via a different device, do you still get any issues or does it work better?

Let me know so I can check further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Christian1
Joining in
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I have a similar problem. Since switching my broadband to Virgin Media a couple months ago, Netflix more often than not will drop out whilst watching something, get to 24%, stop, then an error comes up. It is usually fixed by turning my TV off and on a few times but it is quite irritating and has made me regret switching to Virgin Media.

I'm watching Netflix through an app on my TV. When it does drop out, it doesn't seem like my internet is dropping out as my phone stays connected to the wifi. I don't experience this dropping out with other streaming apps on my TV or through other devices.

Any help with fixing this would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christian1,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about what's happening.

Are you only experiencing issues with Netflix or are other apps affected?

I'd recommend rebooting your superhub first and checking your connection speed.

Please let me know how you get on

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Christian1
Joining in
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried rebooting my superhub but doesn't affect anything and I've checked my connection speed and currently at 54mb. 

It is only the Netflix app that is affected as far as I have noticed. However, this is by far the streaming app I use most. It happens very regularly, almost every time I use it in the evening (again most of the time I use the app is in the evenings so can't be sure if this is an issue).

It is usually fixed by resetting the app or waiting a few moments but it is quite disruptive.

Christian 

0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@Christian1 wrote:

Hi Rose

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried rebooting my superhub but doesn't affect anything and I've checked my connection speed and currently at 54mb. 

It is only the Netflix app that is affected as far as I have noticed. However, this is by far the streaming app I use most. It happens very regularly, almost every time I use it in the evening (again most of the time I use the app is in the evenings so can't be sure if this is an issue).

It is usually fixed by resetting the app or waiting a few moments but it is quite disruptive.

Christian 

There are thousands of other posts about this exact issue, and if you look through some of them you will find not one report of this issue being resolved by anything other than swapping to a V6 box (which isn't immune to this problem, but it's MUCH less prevalent). Remember you need Virgin broadband for the V6, but if you have that then this is the way to go. In addition, the V6 is faster and more responsive than the TiVo box which is generally awful to use anyway.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
Christian1
Joining in
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have seen a few posts mentioning the V6. Shame there isn't a solution that completely fixes it. I am a broadband customer but not TV

0 Kudos