Menu
pot-shadley
Dialled in
Message 11 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly crashing

@bbendavidsonwrote:

I have noted that the second green light from the left starts flashing whenever this issue occurs. 

I too have the flashing green light just before Netflix stops. Can someone at VM confirm that this is a VM problem and what they are going to do to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 34
Flag for a moderator

if the heart light is flashing it means the tivo has lost it's internet connection

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
Dialled in
Message 13 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@dannylauwrote:

if the heart light is flashing it means the tivo has lost it's internet connection

Which means that this is a VM problem that keeps happening? What are you going to do about it?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 14 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@pot-shadleywrote:

@dannylauwrote:

Which means that this is a VM problem that keeps happening? What are you going to do about it?

Me? nothing I don't work for VM, you need to phone it in

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pot-shadley
Dialled in
Message 15 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@dannylauwrote:

@pot-shadleywrote:

@dannylauwrote:

Me? nothing I don't work for VM, you need to phone it in

Apologies for that!! But what are they going to do if I phone in?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 34
Flag for a moderator

either remotely fix it or send an engineer

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Chrisdavy
Joining in
Message 17 of 34
Flag for a moderator

This problem with Netflix crashing on Tivo is unacceptable.   When will it be fixed???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chrisdavy,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about this. 

Just to confirm are you still having this issue?

^Martin

0 Kudos
bladerunner36
Joining in
Message 19 of 34
Flag for a moderator

There clearly is a problem as I've been experiencing the same problem, and there is more than 1 box in this household.

To clarify when the issue with Netflix occurs the box has no connection. This can been seen when 1 looks under the networks option and commit test network. The issue resolves itself in most cases. But only after waiting a few minutes and may continue to interrupt whatever is being watched over Netflix etc.

I also found if 1 reboots the box it might not want to boot up for some time. In other words it's not booting up as expected. Workaround this iss7e 1 has to unplug it and wait a few minutes before powering the box up again.

The connection is  established in most cases at this point and can resume streaming over Netflix. However the issue will reoccur over and over.

My box is also connected to the LAN of the router, which does have constant connection. However this also doesn't seem to remedy the problem.

Normal cable channels seems to be unaffected by the issue. Leads more to believe it's an firmware related issue and not necessary related to the connection itself.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi bladerunner36,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forums. We're not aware of any current issues with the Netfliix, but apologies to hear you're having issues.

Is this on the channel or the app please, or both? 

Can I also ask, what TV box do you have?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos