Menu
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 31 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix constantly crashing

Hello Srhead

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you're having difficulty watching Netflix through the APP. We understand that this must be frustrating.

We'd like to see if we can do anything on here to help. What happens when you wish to use the service? 

We'd be sorry to lose you as a customer if you decided to cancel your service with us. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nobbyhallrn
Joining in
Message 32 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue with Netflix and iplayer. Really frustrating, I rang virgin who told me that there is nothing wrong with my signal and they couldn't give me any guidance. Any advice on this would be very welcome.

0 Kudos
mick19
Tuning in
Message 33 of 37
Flag for a moderator

This was our issue too but it now seems to have been resolved. Hope this advice helps:

None of our streaming services (iplayer, Netflix) would work via the TiVo box without crashing after 20mins or so. However all worked perfectly on the iPad. 

We were told on our first call to VM customer service that the TiVo box needed replacing, and an engineer came out to do so. This didn't work so he came out again with another new box. Still didn't work, another call, another engineer visit, another new box. The engineer told us that the TiVo boxes are now made by a different supplier and that mixed with the low broadband package that we have (which is fine for our usage) can no longer support the technology that apps like iplayer and Netflix require (that is my layperson non techy translation, I'm sure it's more complicated than that). But anyway, he did say that some of the old suppliers boxes are still available as reconditioned ones, although they can't tell until they try and we so third time lucky, success! Hope that helps, took patience and persistence and a very helpful engineer but it has finally sorted our issue out. 

Good luck

Highlighted
nobbyhallrn
Joining in
Message 34 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for this Mick, it is honestly cracking me up. It just like such a con that the broadband I am paying Virgin for does not work on the box they have provided. Did they provide you with a new box in the end ?

0 Kudos
nobbyhallrn
Joining in
Message 35 of 37
Flag for a moderator

I've been having the same issue for a while and I'm totally fed up with it. Just spoke to Virgin Media again after a 30 minute wait only to be told they can't send an engineer due to technical difficulties. Think I'll be going with another provider...totally hacked off !!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 36 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Good evening nobbyhallrn,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the same problem with Netflix crashing and that our technical support team couldn't offer an engineer visit. 

We would really like to get this sorted out for you and I have now sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account. 

You will be able to access your private messages by clicking on the purple envelope which is located on the top right hand side of your screen. 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
xxooLJooxx
Joining in
Message 37 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Virgin couldn’t really help me as my TV won’t take the new TIVO box so was given a new older version - it’s a bit better - still crashes every now and again but not as bad!

A bit stupid to have a tv box that isn’t compatible with all TVs - was fed information that it’s to do with the HDMI cable and the messages feeding through differently ?!!!!!! 

0 Kudos