Menu
AlanD0401
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Netflix buffering

My router is upstairs where the computer is. I now have a TV upstairs and have Netflix wired into it from router, all OK. My TIVO box and main TV set is downstairs but on that Netflix always keeps buffering at 25%. BBC I player also very slow to load. I have no trouble with connection to laptop or tablet.

All connections are fine and restarted everything. Still having problems.

What is wrong?

Q. Will getting a new V6 box solve this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Netflix buffering

Hi AlanD0401,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Netflix.

I've located your account and I can see you have a technician booked to fix this for you. Let us know how the appointment goes and give us a shout if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
AlanD0401
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for the reply.

Technician came and replaced my TVIO box with a new one, he also replaced some old connections in my box outside. (The one where the cable comes into the house) He said that a TV6 box would need a router downstairs which could then affect the set up I have upstairs. 

If I have any more problems then fitting a powerline. One that plugs into a main socket downstairs and one into upstairs router would solve it.

Both Netflix and BBC I player still load slowly, but I watched Netflix all last night with no problem at all. So hopefully all is OK now.

He was very helpful and did a good job.

Thanks

Alan.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

That's great news, I'm glad to hear the technician sorted it out for you.

Keep an eye on it and let us know if you need anything else.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
kez1977
Just joined
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

I have been having the same issue with Netflix. Rang the team 4 times on various occasions and they go through turn it off, back on sending something through the line but I’m still getting nowhere fast with the fix. Can you help? 

Kerri 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kez1977

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Using your Community details I've been able to locate your account to run some tests on the set top box and I'd like to arrange for an engineer to come and take a closer look, if you're still experiencing issues? 

I'll send you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Bo1ton
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We’ve been having problems with Netflix buffering at 25% for months now. Called 150 and they told us to use the Netflix App in “apps and games” rather than the Netflix channel. Tried it, but no better. Keep getting a “lost connection” or “cables disconnected” error message when (as pointed out by several forum members on  arious threads since 2016) the cables are clearly connected. So Support are useless, given that this appears to be a known fault. 

We are now also unable to use On Demand, as this has also been “temporarily unavailable” for a couple of weeks. In desperation, have tried to reset the TiVo box tonight. The box has now been “starting up” for over an hour, with no apparent progress. So now we have no TV at all. 

Virgin Media really need to get their act together.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Bo1ton,

I can see we've responded to your other post here.

Please keep the conversation in one place to avoid confusion.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
marty3
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

simple solution, get a chrome cast. tivo will never be able to smoothly run Netflix due to the horrible cheap os it runs on..tivo barely functions on the cheap rebranded samsung dvr boxes virgin use.. i understand them thinkin make averything as cheap as possible but hinking like that will cost you more in tech support and tech bookings.. virgin really need to re think the pathetic job they have done with the tivo.. and there answer is this "if you want faster then pay extra for the v box" 

nice

0 Kudos