Menu
edchivers
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix app on TiVo box - problems with network connection

Hi - we've been using the Netflix app on the TiVo box for a while and it's always worked fine before, but for the last week we've been seeing programs dropping out partway through with a message saying "your device may not be connected to the internet". If I choose the "More Details" option, I can test the neywone connection. It connects successfully to all four netflix servers and shows an internet connection so I'm not sure what's going on.

The network speed reported by the diagnostic option is 3.87 MB/s. I'm not sure how this measures up to the expected connection speed (again to be clear, this is the connection speed to the TiVo box and not our separate broadband connection)

Any advice / suggestions? The status page shows no known issues with TV, this has been happening for about a week now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix app on TiVo box - problems with network connection

Hi edchivers

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your Netflix application recently. 

I've located your account using your Community details to take a closer look and run some tests on the set top box. We're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment though, I hope that means that things have improved since your post? 

If not, can you talk us through how your box is connected to the network? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
edchivers
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig - thanks for replying. It's been behaving a lot better recently, I'm at work right now but my family say it's working ok. What would you recommend I try if it happens again?

For info, it's an older style TiVo box (not one of the new V6 boxes) and it's directly connected to your network, not through our hub. Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi edchivers

Thanks for getting back to me, hope your shift goes nice and quickly!

As for advice, testing the box shows it's been on for quite a while so if you notice it continue I'd recommend a reboot and letting me know so I can run some more tests with some more up to date information. 

You can also check the other apps and the Catch Up / On Demand content as that's fed from the same part of the network so we can understand if this is a stand along Netflix app issue or network issue with your set top box. 

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos