Menu
Paul1972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Netflix app not working

Hi, my netflix app isn't working i start a program and it just stops.

Ive reset the v6 and the app but still it don't work seems like several others have this problem too 

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix app not working

HI Paul1972

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your Netflix service recently.

I've located your account to run some tests and we're not detecting any errors. Are you noticing this issue occurring at certain times of the day or at all times? Are you able to use any other applications or view On Demand / Catch Up content at all? 

Lastly, can you talk us through how you've got the V6 connected to the hub? 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
CHANTOKA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this?

We had a new V6 installed yesterday and Netflix is not working on ch.204 or the app. We have another V6 in the house and that works fine, btu I see on line that some people have a problem with faulty V6 boxes.

Cheers, Carl

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the community.

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  I can see that you have contacted us since you last posted so I hope all is ok now.  Should you need anything further, give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CHANTOKA
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not. Checked out it was not the location by swapping with our other V6, but problem seems to be with the box. Next step is to ring VM.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi CHANTOKA, 

Thanks for coming back and let us know. We're sorry this is still an issue for you. 

Please let us know what the team advise on this as it could help other members going forward. 

If you have no luck with the team, let us know and we can investigate things further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Paul1972
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just an update contacted Vm they did something their end and it all worked nicely....

problem started again a week or so later but I haven’t had a chance to ring them again.

also btw the v6 box is hard wired to hub3

0 Kudos
CHANTOKA
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whether it’s any help to others, my problem was because despite being hard wired to the virgin hub, it was in modem mode. i.e. running through my own router. Switching back to the virgin router, a couple of v6 reboots and running updates in settings, and it was all sorted. Thanks to the lass at virgin media second line support!!

Mrniksta
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm having same problem, Netflix app just closes after 1sec. Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrniksta

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your TV service recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, I hope that means things have improved since your post? If not, get back in touch and we'll do what we can to assist.

Talk soon
Craig

0 Kudos