Menu
DiSmith
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and new V6 box

I've just connected my new V6 Tivo and am having problems with Netflix.  It plays for about 3 seconds then error message 'we are having problems showing this title....'  I've tried a reboot and exiting and signing in again. Grrrrr

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and new V6 box

Hi DiSmith

I'm sorry to hear about this issue, I've taken a look at this from our end and we're not detecting any errors with your set top box. 

Have you tried watching any content on Catch Up or On Demand? Or any another applications? If so, how are they working? If not, is that something you can try? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DiSmith
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Everything else is fine. Just Netflix. It was fine before we switched to the new V6. We’ve tried rebooting etc but no joy. We can access but it stops playing program after 2-3 seconds.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What do you have connected to your Virgin TV V6 box i.e. what's the TV make and model, and do you have any AV kit connected?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
DiSmith
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. I’m at work so can’t check exact model details but it is a Samsung smart tv. All that is connected is the v6 and a blu ray player. And before you ask connecting to Netflix via smart tv has always been an issue which is why we were accessing via TiVo 😀
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The reason I ask is that can be some issues with Netflix when the Virgin TV V6 box is connected to some older 4K TVs, where not all the HDMI ports support the latest version of HDCP.
0 Kudos
DiSmith
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben. The TV is a Samsung 55HU7200 curved tv bought in 2015.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And that's one of the ones where there can be an issue. New 4K TVs support HDCP 2.2 on all their HDMI ports (usually).

From the manual for your TV model:

HDCP 2.2 is supported only by the TV's HDMI (MHL) port. HDCP is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for video copyright protection.

For some reason on a few TVs this isn't HDMI 1. You'd need to check on the back of the TV which HDMI port is marked as MHL and connect the Virgin TV V6 box to that.

Once you've done that you'll find Netflix will play as expected.

DiSmith
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben, the TV has 2 ports and my TIVO is currently set on my TV to HDMI1 so hopefully from what you said if I change to the other HDMI port it should solve things.. Before I go ahead is there any chance that changing over the HDMI's will cause other problems?  I'm not techie at all so rely on help from people such as yourself with issues :-) 

Many thanks,

Diane

0 Kudos
DiSmith
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much Ben - I've just changed the HDMI port and Netflix works!!!

0 Kudos