Menu
osullivan21
Joining in
Message 11 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Autoplay

No reply from Virgin!! Brilliant thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting and apologies on the delay getting back to you.

I'm unable to find any known issues regarding the autoplay function at the moment so I just need to check who's still being affected by this?

Your online account should sync with the app so it may be worth turning autoplay off and then back on and saving it to refresh the app settings.

Please reboot your V6 by the mains so the apps can reload and then let me know if there's any change.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 13 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Still being affected.  Done all those things.

Still only being stupid on my V6 box and nowhere else (PC app, tablet app, phone app, parents older tivo box, windows app all work fine).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi WanderingElf,

Thanks for getting back to me and trying the suggestions.

Next I'll need to forward this on to our V6 team for further investigation.

Once I have an update regarding this then I'll get back to you.

Thank you for your patience so far.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 15 of 27
Flag for a moderator

So here's an update Smiley Happy

The other day (Sunday) I clicked onto Netflix and selected 'How to Get Away With Murder' to look at the information as someone recommended it to me.  It did NOT autoplay!  I thought it had been fixed, clicked to watch the show after reading the information.  It buffered to 24% and then... stuck.  For ten minutes I left it on that screen.  But then I couldn't get out of it when I tried, and had to manually reboot my box by turning it off at the mains.

When it came back, I tried to get into Netflix again, and got the purple screen with loading circle that didn't load. And didn't load.  And didn't load.  For three days, whenever I tried to get in, it stuck on this screen before eventually saying 'there's a problem, go back and try again'.  I also tried going through the Netflix channel in the guide (the one currently showing a fixed screen ad for Bright), and it did the same, except it bypassed the error message and went back to the Bright screen after a few minutes on its own.

It wasn't until Wednesday (yesterday) that I could actually get in. Aaaaaand it's doing the thing again where it autoplays when you don't want it to, and doesn't when you do.

I've (hopefully) attached a video so you can see exactly what happens.  This was the 'new addition' movie on the Netflix home page last week.  You can see me go up, go to 'more info' and hit enter.  I do NOT hit 'play movie' and yet it starts playing behind the info screen anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi WanderingElf,

Thanks for the update.

I'm currently checking the autoplay issue out for you but I'd also like to check whether you've had anymore problems accessing Netflix?

Unfortunately the video you have attached isn't working so I'm unavailable to view this.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 17 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

No it's working at the minute, although still misbehaving.  That issue I reported last time (about it working, getting stuck, then erroring for several days) is one it seems to go through on a cycle, and I've had the problem a few times in the past.

I've changed the settings on the video so hopefully it should work now.  It was set as 'private' before, now it's 'unlisted', so hopefully having given an address for it, it should work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi WanderingElf,

Thanks for your reply.

Have you noticed any improvement since you changed the video setting to unlisted?

After further investigation I have been unable to find any known issues regarding auto play on Netflix so if this is still happening for you then I'll need to get this raised as an individual fault.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 19 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I don't think this is an individual fault, as at least one other person has posted on here about the issue.  It seems like an incompatibility between whatever app you use and the V6 box.  It's ONLY doing this on the V6 box.

Have you been able to watch the video now? 

0 Kudos
osullivan21
Joining in
Message 20 of 27
Flag for a moderator

It is certainly not an individual fault as I have watched the video from WanderingElf and it is identical to what my new box is doing. I have tried re logging into Netflix, changing settings and still there is an issue.

On the other issue that I mentioned of the jittery screen (which is completely separate to the Netflix issue). I have figured out it is an incompatibility with my Samsung TV and the new V6 box as it can be solved by switching the TV off and on again and then it works fine. The TV never did this with the old box and it doesn't do it with any other device I have.

0 Kudos