Menu
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Netflix and Autoplay

Hi.

I've looked on the forums a bit and seen people with autoplay issues where they don't want stuff to play and it is, but I seem to be having the opposite issue.

I just had a new V6 box installed, and I've noticed that my Netflix no longer plays the next episode (or gives me the option to) when I've finished watching something.  I get full credits and then a flash-through of black screens with credits in other languages.  If I don't manually stop and go back, when it gets to 0.00, it just sticks on a black screen.  I've checked my account, and autoplay is set to 'on'.  The new tivo box is the only place I'm seeing this issue when I try and watch stuff.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix and Autoplay

Hi WanderingElf,

Thanks for posting.

Yes this feature should be working so I'd just like to check whether you're still experiencing problems?

I'd also recommend to reboot your V6 to see whether this helps.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

It's still doing it. 

I've been away for Christmas and using netflix on their equipment.  They have a regular Tivo box and a TV that also runs it.  Both run it fine - as in, when the credits start to roll, it minimises to a corner and gives the options to play next episode.  It also, when selected to play next episode, does the helpful netflix thing of cutting off the 'previously on' segment and heading into the new content immediately.

When I use it on my V6, however, it is still playing the credits to the end unless I stop playing, showing foreign language screens after they've finished.  It also doesn't cut off the 'previously' segment when I *do* get to play the next episode.  It's frustrating, knowing it's not working as it should.

It's also automatically starting to play something when I click the 'okay' button to get more information about a series or film. It didn't do that previously, and was not doing that when I used the other equipment.  It seems to be a compatibility failure with the V6 box and the app, but it needs fixing.

0 Kudos
osullivan21
Joining in
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi WanderingElf,

Did you get this fixed, I am having the exact same issue and it is driving me crazy!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi osullivan21,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

How has it been since posting? Is the autoplay function still failing?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Mine doesn't do it anymore either. Strangely sind the problem with netflix stopping at 24% started..
0 Kudos
osullivan21
Joining in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Thanks, yes it is exactly the same, the only way round it at the moment is when the programme finishes you have to press stop. This then takes you back to the screen that I expect with the small window in the top left and the countdown to the next episode.
0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I don't know about osullivan21, but I'm still having issues with mine. 

Is there any way to post a video on here to illustrate an issue?  I took one the other day of me clicking to get 'more information' on a show, and it starting in the background despite me not actually telling it to.  I would say this is less a problem with autoplay failing, as it being overzealous.

The other issue with it not kicking in when an episode/film has finished is still an issue.  As I said before, on other equipment (PC, Smart TV, App, an older TIVO box), it does what it's supposed to - waits to start something new until you tell it to play, gives the option to automatically start next episode at the end.  It does seem to be isolated to the V6 box and no amount of settings tweaks and reboots of the system has fixed it.

0 Kudos
WanderingElf
Joining in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

osullivan21 posted: 
"Thanks, yes it is exactly the same, the only way round it at the moment is when the programme finishes you have to press stop. This then takes you back to the screen that I expect with the small window in the top left and the countdown to the next episode."

This. And if you let it run its course it goes out to a list of foreign-language names and contributors before ending on a black screen that just sits there. Even when it's completely finished it doesn't go back to the main page unless you tell it to stop.

0 Kudos
osullivan21
Joining in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

WanderingElf, yes I know the foreign language screens well!
I also get the auto-playing when you go to the information screen.
On a separate note the v6 box also occasionally will be very jittery like it is buffering to the point where you can't watch your programme, never had any if these issues with the old box. Shouldn't have bothered upgrading. I paid for the privilege as well!!!
0 Kudos