cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Profile not accessible

Stephen26
Just joined

We have a Netflix account (not part of the bundle, separate account, not through Virgin). We used to be able to access (on the smart tv)  both profiles we have set up in the account. In the last few months when trying to open one of the profiles (the one we use very occasionally) we get a message saying that something went wrong. Both profiles are accessible when using iPhone and iPad. I contacted Netflix and they said that we need to uninstall and reinstall the app, but we are not sure how to do this as I am pretty sure that the did not need to install the app originally and we cannot see anywhere how this can be uninstalled. Any suggestions? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For starters, and you weren't to know this, VM TV boxes aren't like Apple & Android devices where you can deinstall and reinstall apps, they're all preinstalled by VM directly - so anyone asking you to try this on a TiVo isn't fully aware of your equipment.

That said, you've mentioned you're using the app on your internet-connected TV? Because if so, that's not using Virgin Media's TV service and you'd have to play support ping-pong between your TV manufacturer and (in this case) Netflix.

If you're trying to access the Netflix service via your TiVo's apps & games menu, then that is using VM's TV service. Let's check what you're doing before we advise further.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks