Menu
Bcn01702
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix - Buffering at 25%

I’m currently having problems watching Netflix on a TiVo box. While watching films it will start buffering and stop at 25%. Message indicates to resume watching but again the buffering starts then stops at 25%. Only way to restart the film is to come out of Netflix, switch to another channel then go back to Netflix. After a short period the original problem begins again. I don’t have the problem on any other devices. Internet search says it a known TiVo fault. Anyone else experiencing this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix - Buffering at 25%

Hi Bcn01702.

Welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the disruption you're experiencing with the Netflix app buffering via the TiVo® box.  I have carried out some checks remotely and all is looking great here signal wise.  

Does the same happen on any other apps like BBC or YouTube via the TiVo® box?

Let me know and I can check further for you.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Bcn01702
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

in answer to your question:-

no this does not happen with any other app. I’ve goggled the problem and it’s common to Netflix and TiVo boxes.

0 Kudos
jules773
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes, it does this to me too but I thought it was only Netflix but last night it was happening with the bbc i player too.  What can I do?

I got through to the chat help yesterday and they took me through signing out of Netflix which may be worth you trying if you haven’t already but for me the problem remains and now I know it affects bbc I player too. I’m going to ring them tomorrow when my landline is fixed as this is off too atm.

Sorry not an answer but I understand the frustration, hope you get sorted soon! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bcn01702,

Thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with this.

I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and arrange an appointment.

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos