Menu
Evanlaer
Settling in
Message 61 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25% buffering problem on TiVo box

Hi Ben, 

Have the same problem here...what needs to be done please? 

Thanks Éructe 

0 Kudos
cvnmv_mum
Joining in
Message 62 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi, we had this problem for months, then it was ok for quite a while and now it has been back for months. It’s worse than ever stopping at least 6 times on an hour programme. We are paying Virgin media £145 a month and Netflix £8. Can I please upgrade to a new free V6 box as we are sick of this problem? Regards, Christina 

0 Kudos
Rjohn
Joining in
Message 63 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Netflix is repeatedly crashing and buffering at 25%.  It’s all very well coming out and starting again but after the third time gave up.  Netflix app works perfectly on the App with my iPad so it must be the TiVo.  Help please. 

0 Kudos
cvnmv_mum
Joining in
Message 64 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I got so fed up with this issue that’s been going on for years and virgin media ignores that I bought a google chromecast. It cost £30 and is absolutely brilliant as it bypasses the TiVo box. It plugs into the back of the tv via a HD socket and is very easy to set up. No problems since, Netflix and YouTube work perfectly. The best £30 I’ve ever spent

0 Kudos
shanga
Joining in
Message 65 of 85
Flag for a moderator

I get the same issue on a regular basis with TiVo packing in whilst playing netflix.

I'm fed up with all the resetting of boxes and after paying a hefty price a month for both TiVo and Netflix it is about time virgin got this sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bo1ton
Joining in
Message 66 of 85
Flag for a moderator

We’ve been having problems with Netflix buffering at 25% for months now. Called 150 and they told us to use the Netflix App in “apps and games” rather than the Netflix channel. Tried it, but no better. Keep getting a “lost connection” or “cables disconnected” error message when (as pointed out by several forum members on this thread since 2016) the cables are clearly connected. So Support are useless, given that this appears to be a known fault. 

We are now also unable to use On Demand, as this has also been “temporarily unavailable” for a couple of weeks. In desperation, have tried to reset the TiVo box tonight. The box has now been “starting up” for over an hour, with no apparent progress. So now we have no TV at all. 

Virgin Media really need to get their act together.

0 Kudos
steveA1
Tuning in
Message 67 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the comments around the problem, I have Virgin broadband and wifi, and freeview smart tv with Netflix and this has been an ongoing problem, I start watching a film, 5 minutes later it freezes and I have to restart the TV and log back in again. It's almost as if someone else is logging in and cutting me off! I can't see how to resolve this this in any of the comments. Back-tracking within Netflix and re running doesn't work, it needs tv to be turned off and restarted. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 68 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, sorry for the delayed reply and for the service issues.

If anyone needs further help, please let me know, and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
steveA1
Tuning in
Message 69 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for replying, but you did not address or answer my post! Can anyone help me to resolve this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 70 of 85
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveA1,

I was responding to you and another poster on the same thread, as it was the same issue.

Are you still having the same issues? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos